July 21, 2011

Wedding | Dargan and John | Creek Club at I'on | Mt. Pleasant SC

Have you ever been a surprise for someone?  I mean, you, yourself the surprise??  I was! Well... actually my photography was!  


A friend of mine decided to give my photography as a gift for her friend's wedding!  Dargan & John Schmidt had planned a low key wedding at the The Creek Club at I'on that didn't involve a photographer.  So, their friend Anne called me up and asked me to be a part of their big day, as a surprise!!  How cool is that?!  Dargan & John were on board as soon as they found out!  I was only with the couple for a few hours but was able to capture some wonderful, completely unplanned moments!  


The bride and her maids got ready at a friend's house in I'on, just down the street from the Creek Club.  The house made for some seriously gorgeous photos of the bride and her dress!  The bride departed to board a boat that was going to drop her and her father off at the dock along side the ceremony site where her groom and guests were waiting.  

















The setting sun followed the couple through their 'I-do's" and was in the perfect spot, softened even more by the slight haze in the sky, for their portraits on the dock.





The guests enjoyed the warm evening air on the veranda and cooled off inside the Creek Club where the bride's mother surprised her by singing two very special songs.  John and his former college-buddies 'got the band back together' and entertained the wedding the guests with a few songs, too!




































I loved this occasion and enjoyed taking part in giving a most unique gift!  Thanks Anne Craddock and Dargan & John Schmidt for the wonderful opportunity and beautiful event!




To see some more photos, watch the slideshow below.  Enjoy!!

CONNECT with lindsey A miller photography | view website | send message | visit on Facebook | back to top |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: