August 30, 2011

Wedding | Molly and Norm | Fairmont WV | Pittsburgh PA



In my opinion, one of the best and toughest privileges to being a wedding photographer is being asked to photograph a friend's wedding.  Its an awesome experience because you are participating in your friend's most special day and you already know your couple!   On the other hand, it can be tough because they are your friends and you want to make sure everything to be perfect!


When my friends Molly and Norm approached me about photographing their July wedding, needless to say, I was stoked!  When they further told me they would be getting married at Molly's family's home in West Virginia, I was double stoked!  Their description of the area was perfectly picturesque - tree-lined lake, rolling hills, farmland, old barns, weathered fences and a wedding day trellis built on a dock with the lake behind the couple during the ceremony... I was in, how could I not be?!

Once I arrived at Molly's family's home, I was inundated with simply beautiful countryside.  The ceremony and reception were to be had in the backyard, alongside a lake that mirrored the adjacent trees.  The trellis, built especially for the day, was draped in white hydrangeas, blue and white wildflowers and flowing greens.  


Under the tent, more of the wildflowers and greens were displayed in mis-matched clear bottles and jars that adorned the tables along with intermittent puffs of green moss and white candles.  



A homemade cookie table with tons of bite-sized treats awaited guests after the ceremony as well as a towering cupcake display with three delicious flavors including a toasted marshmallow topped 'Smores' Cupcake!



A beautiful bride, a handsome groom, a gorgeous ceremony!





After the ceremony, the couple and I ventured off for a few quick portraits that took advantage of the amazing landscape nearby.




First dance…


Ending the night with a sparkler departure!






I love this!!!


The day after the wedding, I met with the couple in downtown Pittsburgh for a post-wedding portrait session!  This little field trip was also a huge part of my excitement for their wedding!  I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA and have never had the chance to photograph in downtown Pittsburgh!  When Molly and Norm asked if I would be interested the shoot there, it was impossible to say no!!  

With The Steel City's prominent skyline behind us, we wandered the Northshore's sidewalks and landmarks, eventually making our way atop Mt. Washington, Pittsburgh's grandest viewpoint.






I could not have asked for a better couple nor, a better location.  This was a fantastic experience and I thank Molly and Norm from the bottom of my heart for this oppurtunity!  You guys are wonderful and I am so happy I was able to document your special day!   


Flowers and Table Decor : Main Street Shoppes/Perennial Floral | Cupcakes : Melissa Muto, friend of the bride | Entertainment : Tim Yoos of Power Alley Entertainment | Catering : Hog Wild BBQ 


To see more photos, view the slideshow below!  Enjoy!!





CONNECT with lindsey A miller photography | view website | send message | visit on Facebook | back to top |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: